DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

bitmap to 3Df plugin error converting tif

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paparola1

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:36 pm    Post subject: bitmap to 3Df plugin error converting tif Reply with quote

I am receiving "Critical error converting image to 24 bits; cannot continue." message from the Bitmap to 3D Plugin. Windows 7 properties says the file is 28.2MB, Dimensions 3538 x 4193 (Width x Height) 150 dpi, Bit depth 16, Uncompressed, Resolution unit 2. This is a greyscale (x-ray) image.

I am a new user so I am sorry to bug you if I have done something stupid.

Update: I opened the TIF using another application and saved it as an 8 bit file and was then able to open it in DPlot. Is the DPlot converter broken?
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try setting the "Scale" value to 50% or smaller. If you use 100% with that image you get 14.8 million converted data points. That's the first place I'd look. If that doesn't help please let me know.

The only reason the bit depth will make a difference is 24-bits takes more memory than 8-bits - memory now not available for storing converted data points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: