Selecting columns from a multiple colum file

Have a suggestion for improving DPlot or a question about existing features? Let us know
oneto

Selecting columns from a multiple colum file

Post by oneto »

I try to select only a column from a multiple colum datafile, either from the command line or from a macro. Is there any way to do that ?
To be specific, I want to plot only the last column from a 3-column file as Y, using equidistant X. That could also be using the 2nd column as time (HHmmss format) as X and 3rd column as Y.
May be a command line option like:
/c0xy
with:
/c option to specify columns, using:
x : use for x
y : use for y
0 : ignore

could be useful ?
Thanks in advance and congratulations for this really nice program !
Jean-Louis Oneto
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

Jean-Louis,
Thanks for your comments and for the suggestion. I'll be turning loose an update sometime this weekend. Your suggestion isn't the sort of thing I want to add at the last minute, but I'll plug it in soon after that, most likely as a beta version that will be announced here.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
oneto

Forget me not ;-}

Post by oneto »

Hello David,
I wouldn't like to be nasty, but I'm rather surprised that my suggestion didn't even make its way through the do-list... I would really appreciate it if its possible, since I'm trying to automate some data processing with a macro. Let me know if there is any hope or if I must do some real programming (either at the data generation level, or by callin the DPlot dll).
Thanks again for this very useful gem !
Jean-Louis