DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Zoom Changes when Saving?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsc

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:11 pm    Post subject: Zoom Changes when Saving? Reply with quote

I don't know if this has always been like this, but I only noticed it after updating to 2.0.47. It seems like when saving a zoomed plot, the plot shifts due to the save.

It may have something to do with Option>Extents>specify intervals. I zoomed in, used ctrl-uparrow once to move the plot slightly, then saved the plot. The "specified intervals" on the Y axis seem to force the plot to re-adjust to even intervals, even though I had NOT checked Specify extents.

Perhaps clearer, after a zoom and a ctrl-uparrow nudge, the Y axis was at -7.5, 42.5, 92,5, 142.5 (interval 50). After save, the Y axis was forced to -50, 0, 100, 150.

Is this expected behavior? Again, neither "specify extents" or "specify plot size were checked.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is this expected behavior? Again, neither "specify extents" or "specify plot size were checked.

Expected, yes. Ideal, ... probably not. While you're panning around, DPlot relaxes the requirement for the extents being a multiple of the tick mark interval. But any other time it forces the extents to be multiples of the interval. That requirement is probably a bit too strict, but at the same time I don't want to end up with, for example, a tick mark interval of 50 and tick marks at 24.3678, 74.3678, 124.3678, etc. I'll have to give this some thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: