Change Default Paste Style

Have a suggestion for improving DPlot or a question about existing features? Let us know
sdonahue

Change Default Paste Style

Post by sdonahue »

I am curious if there is a way to change the default formatting of data I paste into D-Plot. I am producing a series of graphs attempting to show how well a set of generated values complies with existing data curves. So, I have a whole bunch of existing d-plot graphs that have various curves on them. I want to take data points from excel and paste those points into the existing d-plot graphs, but I would prefer they paste as individual points, rather than as a single curve. Obviously I can manually select the pasted curve and change the linestyle, but I have a lot of graphs I am doing this to, so I was curious if there was a way to set d-plot to paste points as symbols, rather than lines, by default.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

Not really. About the best you can do is write a short macro and assign a shortcut key to it. For example this:

LineType(-1,0) ' Sets ALL line styles to None
SymbolType(-1,288) ' Sets ALL symbol styles to filled-in circles

Of course if you don't want to do this for all curves then you'd need to be more specific on the curve index.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
sdonahue

Post by sdonahue »

Sounds good. Fortunately the curve is question is consitent between all the graphs in question, so I can just set the macro to do the one I need. Thanks for the advice.