DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Contour plots

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aesculap

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Contour plots Reply with quote

Hello Mr. Hyde,

because I found no way to make the z-axis label visible on 3d-contour plots (near the legend, may you implement that?) I added a note to the right side of the legend. This note is not visible or cut in saved image files (depending on the height and width of the plot). If "Crop white space" in the image-save dialog is set the note never appears.

Resizing the plot (by dragging the lower right corner) makes dplot crash very often. Sometimes changing a contour option leads to a crash too.

Finally I wonder why the "Operate on X..." and "Operate on Y..." dialogs are not avaiable.

I use the current version.

Regards.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
because I found no way to make the z-axis label visible on 3d-contour plots (near the legend, may you implement that?) I added a note to the right side of the legend. This note is not visible or cut in saved image files (depending on the height and width of the plot). If "Crop white space" in the image-save dialog is set the note never appears.

Adding the Z axis label to the legend is probably the better way to go, but I'll also look into why notes are clipped and fix that.

Quote:
Resizing the plot (by dragging the lower right corner) makes dplot crash very often. Sometimes changing a contour option leads to a crash too.

I've never had this problem. Are you sure that it isn't just the plot taking a long while to redraw (with, say, a 1000x1000 or bigger grid)?

Quote:
Finally I wonder why the "Operate on X..." and "Operate on Y..." dialogs are not avaiable.

If you're working with points on a rectangular grid (Z=f(X,Y), Excel Addin ZGrid command, or the "Z Table" import plugin) as opposed to random 3D points, then only the number of rows/columns and the corner values for X and Y are stored. So it wouldn't be appropriate to allow you to edit X or Y (which might result in unevenly-spaced rows/columns). But this should at least be spelled out in the Help.

If this capability is important to you, save your data as a .CSV file, then re-read using File>Open with file type K.
aesculap

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: contour plots Reply with quote

Thank you for your quick reply.

Unfortunately dplot crashes that way, the window disappears and the executable gets terminated.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't likely, but it may be something specific about a plot you're working with. The next time this happens please send your plot to me as a DPlot file to support@dplot.com.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got your file, thanks. The good news is I have the same problem here. No idea at the moment but will definitely track this down.

One goof I did find when trying to break things (but this unfortunately isn't your problem): If you drag one extent such that the width or height are negative, DPlot enters an endless loop. Bah. But that one is easy.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this is fixed now, but you can help confirm the problem with a fairly simple test. At your convenience please run DPlot with any file that has caused this problem. Select Options>General and uncheck "Show coordinates in popup when mouse hovers over data point". If you can still get it to crash, please let me know.
aesculap

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. To disable that feature solves the problem. After enabling it the problem occurs again. I think you found the bug.

Good work!
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your time. I'll be uploading the update in the next few days.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fixed in tonight's (14 Dec) update. You can get it with Help>Check for Updates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: