DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

some problems with bar-charts and error-bars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aesculap

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:36 am    Post subject: some problems with bar-charts and error-bars Reply with quote

I recognized some problems related to bar-charts with error-bars.

The option "Unique color for each bar" is not available because there is more then one dataset, but the other two are used (an needed) for the error-bars.

I never managed to get horizontal error-bars with horizontal bars to work, the result looks strange.

I'm not quite sure if I missed something in the docs of placeholders, but if I label a datapoint with $Y an appand the unit eg. ml or kg without a space separating it from the placeholder, the unit is shown somewhere inside a number.

And finally I have a feature-request for the "X,Y - Labels"-dialog to add the text-format option-bar in there.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I never managed to get horizontal error-bars with horizontal bars to work, the result looks strange.

They don't work correctly for vertical bars, either. Thanks for pointing out the problem.

Quote:
I'm not quite sure if I missed something in the docs of placeholders, but if I label a datapoint with $Y an appand the unit eg. ml or kg without a space separating it from the placeholder, the unit is shown somewhere inside a number.

That's not what I get... what I get is worse. Every time I move the label, the text grows, repeating the unit. Not sure what is going on in either case, but will fix it as soon as possible. In the meantime... use a space Smile

Quote:
And finally I have a feature-request for the "X,Y - Labels"-dialog to add the text-format option-bar in there.

Will do. Thanks for the suggestion.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Mostly thinking out loud, here. No need to reply. There is a cart-and-the-horse problem here that I had never considered before. The routine that parses label text checks for $X, $Y, $Z and for whether the following character is alphanumeric (not a space, in other words). If that test passes then all proceeds as expected. If it does not pass (e.g. your label is $Ykg) then the label routine balks and passes the input on to the generic text shortcut routine, which only cares about the curve being referenced, not a specific point index. I don't see a good way around this. Off the top of my head I think I need to force you to enter some other control character for a non-printing space, as in $Y\kg. I haven't quite got this working yet, but it is close.

Edit: Nevermind. This works now, with no additional control character.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: