Point Labels With Polar Charts

Found a bug? Tell us about it here
raydela

Point Labels With Polar Charts

Post by raydela »

David,

I am again using DPlot for some Polar Charts and just tried out Point Labels.
I discoverd that the lines (with end arrows) coming from Point Label Boxes to the respective points will shift away in angle -- but remain at the proper magnitude (radius) value.
I have a DPlot file (which I am sending to you via e-mail) that you can experiement with. Simply drag one of the Point Label Boxes around a bit to see the effect. Also, by clicking the "Save" icon muliple time, I can also make these lines shift around.

Ray D.
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

Ray,
Thanks for the file, but I'm not seeing any problems. What version of DPlot are you running?

If you're talking about the arrow shifting around as you move the label (rather than the box around the label), that's the correct (or at least the intended) behavior - the box stays where you put it, the arrow may be moved from starting at one side of the box to another, dependent on the angle between the box and the referenced data point. In any case I don't get any strange behavior when clicking the Save button. My guess is you need an update.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
raydela

Post by raydela »

David,

I am using v1.9.2.2

The example I e-mailed to you has two labelled data points. One box with "0.21" whose data point is at about 100 degrees, and one box with "0.177" whose data point is at about 310 degrees.
When I drag EITHER point label box around, the arrow-lines of both point label boxes will move away from its respective data point to another angular location having the SAME MAGNITUDE (radius).

I just sent a 2nd e-mail with screen snapshots from my PC showing the effect I'm seeing.

Ray D.

P.S. Is there any other associated DPlot file that you need other than the ".GRF" file to duplicate this effect?
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

Ray,
Thanks for your persistence. I still don't get the problem you have, but when playing around with your example (specifically switching from degrees to radians) I do get a similar problem. So it's a random thing, influenced by whether you're tilting your head correctly or not. The problem is fixed and I'll be posting another update late tonight, will let you know here when it is available.

Thanks again.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

The fix has been uploaded, and you should be getting an update notice soon. Thanks again for pointing out the problem.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
raydela

Post by raydela »

OK, that did it.

Thanks Again. :D

Ray D.