Split at X?

Have a suggestion for improving DPlot or a question about existing features? Let us know
jsc

Split at X?

Post by jsc »

Okay, there is a "Split at Y" in the generate menu. Is there an easy way to split a curve at an "X" position. I'm rusty - maybe I forgot a method that I should remember, but I'm not finding a menu entry or in the help.

I guess one way to brute force it would be to copy a curve, then paste it back into the same graph, then Truncate X for the original curve, then Truncate X for the new curve so that you have the portions split the way you want.
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

Yes, that's one way. Or (depending on your scaling) you can Edit>Swap X,Y, then Edit>Split at Y, then Edit>Swap X,Y again.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
jsc

Post by jsc »

David,

Thanks. That works, but I have to tell you that lately every time I touch DPlot, I get a new glitch. After I copied the truncated curves back to my original plot, I next did a "Find Intersections" between that line and the longer line that I had not truncated. The command completed and added the labels without any complaint. But then I tried to move the labels around and the labels would not move. It looks like I grabbed the outline of the label, but when I let go of the mouse, the label would snap back to its original position. I tried moving 4 or 5 other labels, but I could not move any of them.

But if I stop what I was doing, save the file, then exit DPlot, then reopen the file, then everything would work again.

I seem to be able to repeat this if I take the same steps.

8gb memory on Win7-64 Enterprise. Office 2007.

Any idea what might be going on or how to trouble shoot it? Could I have a bad memory stick and have some kind of memory corruption? I haven't seen anything strange in any other application. And again, if I save frequently, quit, then restart DPlot, it seems work again.
jsc

Post by jsc »

David,

Ignore above. First step in trouble shooting is to not load some of my "TSR" utilities, esp. AltMove Manager, WizMouse, and CrossHair - anything that has to do with the mouse.
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

Good info. I'm not familiar with any of those but will look into them.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com