Using Fill Shading

Q&A for Visual Basic, Visual Basic .NET, and PowerBasic developers using DPlot
Neon

Using Fill Shading

Post by Neon »

hi i'm new to using this graph
however i want to do the shading (fill between curves), trying looking in the help but its not easy to follow

also would like to know how to correctly use xyxy, as i have 8 curves to insert into the graph, all with there own unique x and y's

then i wish to display a shaded "best performance" area as asked about above

thanks
Clinton
i'll keep trying to figure it out in the mean time
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

Set DataFormat to DATA_XYXY and be sure to fill in NP(0) through NP(7) for each curve, and also the corresponding line and symbol styles. Your X and Y values must be in a single array, packed with no empty array slots between curves. For example X(0)-X(NP(0)-1) are the X values for the first curve. The first X value for the second curve is at X(NP(0)).

I'm not exactly sure what you want to do with "i wish to display a shaded "best performance" area as asked about above". It might be best if you create a graph, save as a DPlot file, and send it to me along with a description of what you want.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
Neon

Post by Neon »

ok thanks that helps a lot

in regards to the best performance if you have a look at the graph
http://kb.eng-software.com/images/Readi ... urve_3.gif
i wish to do this, so far i have the curves displayed and scales

i already have the points i wish the "performance area" to be contained in as 2 curves, just wish to know how to fill between them thanks

also one last quik thing, how many y axis's can i have? as i would like to overlay 2 more curves with differant y scale, 1 more will do, but 2 would be great, i'll browse the help in the mean time thanks
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

See the Help for the FillBetween command. I believe it should be self-explanatory, but if you have specific questions let me know.

You can presently only have 2 total Y axes, one on the left, one on the right.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com